SUMMARY OF SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
15+ years Professional Experience
8 years Military and Leadership Experience
7 years working in a Higher Education Environment
4 years Graphic Design
4 years Web Design
3 years Creative Technology
2 years Tactile Fabrication
UX Research and Design Grad Student: CU Boulder Academic Technology Design Team, Office of Information Technology Oct. 2017 – Mar. 2018
• Ran UX testing and focus groups for multiple website update and redesign projects
• Collaborated on campus-wide Unified Student Experience (U.S.E) project to standardize all student facing websites, portals, and applications.
• Started S.N.I.F. (Student Network for Information and Feedback) to provide timely feedback on OIT projects.
Logistics & Coordination/Lab Manager: Future Earth and SILC Aug. 2016 – Oct. 2017
• Built and manage Drupal Web Express website for Sustainability Innovations Lab at Colorado (SILC).
• Space planning and management for over 30 tenants in SILC and logistics coordinator for events.
• Managed logistics of travel, scheduling, and Concur expense and travel reporting for Future Earth Director and staff.
Publications Manager: CU Presents Jan. 2015 – Aug. 2016
• Led effort to bring all CU Presents materials into alignment with University branding and style policies.
• Created, collected and organized content for print layouts and templates, maintained branding standards and negotiated with printing companies on multi-page print pieces for the College of Music, the department of Theater & Dance, Eklund Opera Program, Takacs Quartet, and the Colorado Shakespeare Festival.
• Worked with faculty, staff and students to improve design and layout of printed programs to enhance experience for patrons.
Graphic Designer: CU Boulder Environmental Center 2013 – 2014
• Collaborated with multiple E-Center program teams to develop a consistent, cohesive professional image adhering to CU-Boulder branding/style guidelines and communicating effectively with target audience.
• Updated Front Range Bioneers logo and event program and created designs for collateral in various formats: posters, fliers, t-shirts, mugs, bags, frisbees, stickers, etc.
Office Manager: CU Boulder Office of Veteran Services 2012 – 2015
• Rebuilt website in Drupal Web Express with intuitive navigation, information accessibility, improved efficiency for office operations, and convenience for over 700 students submitting GI Bill forms each semester.
• Improved G.I. Bill processing time by adding web-forms to the new website.
Medical Operations Sergeant: Wyoming NG Medical Detachment 2010 – 2014
• Led and conducted physical health assessments for over 2,000 soldiers annually.
• Improved the health assessment processing efficiency, reducing processing time by an average of five hours per soldier.
• Trained new soldiers in maintaining military standards, personal development and medical clinic operations.
Army Combat Medic and Medical Operations Sergeant: 10th Mountain Division 2006 – 2010
• Conducted pre-deployment first responder and first aid training for over 3,000 soldiers.
• Provided medical support for multiple combat units for various operations and missions as well as staffing and running aid stations and local clinics during two year-long deployments in Afghanistan.
• Trained and mentored a squad of 6 soldiers, managed the maintenance and operation of two fully equipped military emergency medical vehicles, and coordinated medical coverage for physical training events, field exercises, and firearms ranges at Fort Drum, NY.
Customer Care and Event Registration Supervisor: Honor Academy 2003 – 2005
• Implemented improvement in department-wide customer care services, reducing escalation-processing time from two weeks per case to an average of four days.
• Managed event registration processing, incoming mail, shipping fulfillment, and customer care escalations with marked improvement in efficiency following a transition to a new, downsized team.
• Organized and conducted ongoing training program for over 200 promotional representatives.
Academic Counseling Office Receptionist: Cerro Coso Community College 2001 – 2003
• Assisted college counselors as scheduling assistant and student liaison, relaying, organizing and updating student information and files.
• Updated and organized and managed the resources in the college’s Transfer Information Center.
University of Colorado Boulder 2017 – present
ATLAS Institute: Creative Technology and Design
Department of Engineering and Applied Sciences
University of Colorado Boulder 2011 – 2014
Environmental Studies: Sustainable Development
Honors Designation: summa cum laude
Honors Thesis: “Seeing Green: The Environmental Movement from a Graphic Design Perspective”
Coursework included: Environmental Design Theory, Human Behavior in Design and Planning, Environment and Public Policy, Environmental Justice, Environmental Ethics, Environment and Society, Population and Society, Women in Development, Explorations in Anthropology: Class and Consumption, Natural Resource Economics, International Economics and Policy, Biology, Ecology, Geology, and Sustainability Solutions Consulting.
Minor: Technology, Arts and Media
Coursework included: The Meaning of Information Technology, Digital Media I & II,
Fundamentals of Digital Design, Architectural Computer Media, Digital Design and Communication.
Internships: Sustainability Solutions Consultant for Alfered Packard Grill
Field assistant for CU-Boulder Alpine Ecology Lab: doaklab.org
Organizations: Student Veterans Association Vice President, Veterans Alumni Club Founding Member and Officer.
Art Institute of Colorado 2010 – 2011
Interior Design & Architecture Coursework
Coursework included: Fundamentals of Design, Color Theory, Technical Perspective I & II, Design Communication, History of Design and Architecture, Human Factors, Space Planning, Interior Design Rendering, Digital Design, Computer Aided Drafting and Human Factors.
Cerro Coso Community College 2001 – 2003
Associates Degree: AA Inter-segmental General Education Transfer Curriculum
Graduated with Honors 4.0 GPA